Weds Night Worlds 2023 Starts This Wednesday.
In this edition:
- Join us this Wednesday for the Season Opener
- NEW! Code of Conduct & Upgrade Policy – read it!
- Free Novice XC Racing Clinics
- Booger Scholarship
- Defend N Seatac Park (yeah this is the park we race in)…
Woot! Woot! Wednesday Night Worlds is here!
Join us this Wednesday for some good type 2 fun, to reconnect with your rivals, and to laugh under the roar of jets.
As a reminder:
- You register yourself for the 4/19 race on your own phone or computer. You pay online in advance or use your Season Pass or 6-Pack to pay.
- If you have a SEASON PASS or 6-Pack you still need to register for the 4/19 race. Do this on Webscorer. Season Pass holders… pro tip… you can register for all races for the season all at once.
- After you are registered for the race, you need to come to registration and pick up your number plate for the season AND either use a timing tube from past years or pick one up from us ($10). If you have a timing tube bring it with you to registration. If you didn’t do this last week, please come early!
- You can still purchase a Season Pass or a 6 Pack… Learn more about prices, etc on our website
- If you’ve already registered for the race and paid either online or with your Season Pass or 6-Pack, and if you’ve picked up your number plate & timing tube, you are all set! You don’t need to come to registration, unless of course you just want to tell us how awesome we are… Just get pedaling.
NEW! Code of Conduct & Upgrade Policy
Our goal with these policies is to ensure everyone has an equally awesome time at Weds Night Worlds.
Please have a look and let us know if you have any questions or comments.
Check them out here:
Free Novice XC Racing Clinics
Have a friend that you’d like to bring to WNWC? Hesitant about getting into XC racing? Again this year we are offering free clinics to help people get started.
These clinics are for people new to racing mountain bikes or new to Weds Night Worlds. We will give you an introduction to the courses at Weds Night Worlds, explain how races work, share some racing tips and answer any questions you might have.
The first clinic is Wednesday April 26 at 4:30pm.
Learn more about our FREE Novice XC Race Clinics here
Booger Scholarship – taking applications until April 18
Team Booger, a junior team you know well if you race in the PNW, is launching the Making a Difference Scholarship, which recognizes student cyclists who are giving back to communities and organizations they care about. These $2000 scholarships are not only for incoming freshmen but also current college or trade school students. They are designed to help offset the rising cost of higher education and hopefully allow the student to continue their good work on and off the bike.
The Making A Difference Scholarship is taking applications from Tuesday, March 21 through April 18, 2023. Each scholarship awarded will be $2,000. Visit the Booger website to apply and learn more.
Defend North Seatac Park
Our beloved N Seatac Park is once again threatened by development. You can help!
There are two ways to help and both take just a few minutes. You can sign a petition and send a letter to the Port of Seattle Commissioners
Learn more about the effort to Defend N Seatac Park here: https://www.kctreeequity.org/
All for now people. Get off the couch and on your bike.
Alright, good talk,
The Wed Night Crew